Sunday, October 19, 2008

Paul's "Breakfast and Pizza"

I was hoping I could buck the trend of taking extreme close-up shots of food in my submissions, but I just couldn't make wider field photos look interesting! Even inviting my dog to get in the shot for a loldogs+nom composition was only mildly amusing and not appetizing at all. I found that the best shots I took put the viewer in the vantage point of diving facefirst into the food. I hope another snapslut can show me how to do otherwise.

My first submission is one of the first macro shots I tried out for this challenge. Panera provided the meal and while I was attempting several variations on their patio, I got to talk to about half-a-dozen people who wanted to know why I bought food just to take photos of it. Snapsluts, I've now revealed you to several Silver Spring residents.


For my second shot, I figured that since pizza and hamburgers contend for "Most Popular Food" in our fair country (and since I'm vegetarian), I'd get some salivary reactions from a colorful pizza. FYI, leftover pizza tastes much better than it looks. A fresh pie, once again from the vantage point of nose-touching-it, makes the subject of this second submission.


And as usual, the rest of my photos are on my flickr page.

2 comments:

Steve Losh said...

I like the first one a lot. The green liquid in the background is perfect, and I like the shadow (of a straw, maybe?) on the food.

Ann said...

Love the second one, it's like the world is made of pizza.