Monday, March 2, 2009

Child's Play

Okay, I was surrounded by people in public and made no attempt to hide the fact that I was taking photos. That seems to have kept me safe enough as I was taking some shots in Ikea of the best room ever:



And then there's this fun playground set near my home that's far superior to anything I had as a kid. I play with my dog on it, sometimes. So, here's how life looks to a youngster:



I've been taking advantage of my camera's burst mode to take numerous photos where I'd previously just take one. The rest are on flickr, as usual.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to start up this comment thing again. I really really like your first photo with the kids in the ball pit. This is something I definitely remember and associate with childhood. The colors are fantastic and the motion blur gives some visual interest as well as convinces me that these are real kids. Because kids move. I especially like those two girls in the corner. What are they plotting? I also really like the composition. The ball pit leads your eye through the photo and I love the contrast in texture and shape with the wall.

The second photo was nice and interesting, but it didn't scream childhood to me as much as the first one. You kinda had to look at it for a second to see it was a slide if you hadn't read the caption. It's interesting visually though. Good work!