Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation

Hi all,

WOW. Seems like we're all pretty busy considering attendance from the last few challenges. Just a quick report, Paulidin won the "Tight Squeeze" challenge, and we apparently have zero submissions from Standard Deviant's intermin challenge... :( Looks like we're all gearing up for summer vacation!

I propose a couple of options:
- We take a sabbatical to get our creative juices refreshed this summer

- We open up SnapSluts super admin privileges to everyone and have everybody run it (this means everybody also needs to agree upon and have access to the same polling software... we can give you guys the login for the one we currently use too).

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Paul said...

I like the idea.

DVS said...

As I've said before, I think we should allow any photos you've taken over the course of any stretch of time, provided they are "your" photos.

I would enter far more often except I just don't have the time each week to snap a few photos for that week's challenge. It's not that I don't have thousands of photos on my web site and my hard drive. It's just more of a chore for me, who shoots with an SLR, to round-up my gear and head out. And much of my shooting is done inside nightclubs, so most of my free time is dedicated to uploading and processing those for other web sites.

I take part in a photo contest on Skyscrapercity.com. The contest is pretty simple. You submit photos for a challenge. People vote. Winner chooses the next challenge.

If the challenge is "street walker"...I can dig through my archives and find the one shot I have of hookers walking up K Street after I left that club one night. I might not win, but I'll participate.

I really don't like the idea of scrambling at the last minute and posting a photo of my roommate walking down the street when I know I have something far more creative in my collection. And I'm sure those who appreciate photography would much rather see something creative that was captured in a raw moment rather than something that was thrown together just for the sake of posting something shot that particular week.

Just my two cents... =)